It’s amazing to me how much happens during the course of a normal week, and you know my brain goes about a mile a minute. So I thought at the end of each week I would sum up the top six recurring thoughts in my head, or just ideas or stories that hit me in just the right way that week. With no further ado, here are my first Six For Saturday…
- I received the first copies of my new novel in the mail on Friday, and I held my breath to see just how they came out. I love the typeface, the layout, and the cover, all things I was most worried about going into it.
- I completely fell in love with Lorde, listening to her album in its entirety several times this week. Honestly, I think my wife is so tired of hearing me sing “Team” and “White Teeth Teens,” but I can’t seem to help myself.
- I rediscovered goodreads.com where I updated my author page, started a giveaway, and reviewed several books that I finished in the not too distant past. It’s amazing to me to be able to connect with other readers and authors in a place where it’s encouraged.
- My daughters were on their mid-winter recess this week, so I got to spend a lot more time with them than normal, and I realized they are a lot like me. It’s funny, but I was talking to my wife about it on Wednesday and she said they got the best parts of our personalities, and the worst parts of our attitudes. I concur, especially after hearing “It’s not fair!” from both of them several times this week.
- 20 years is a long time, but sometimes it doesn’t seem like it. Only two months until my 20 year high school reunion, and it seemed like everything this week was reminding me of it, from Facebook friends mentioning it, to me finding some of my writings from back then, to photos that showed up when I was going through my files to consolidate my pictures. I’m still trying to wrap my mind around where those 20 years went.
- The Olympics.