10. Gas was $1.99 a gallon
9. What’s a cell phone?
8. Cartoons were just for Saturday morning
7. Infants were supposed to sleep on their stomachs
6. Tom Cruise was normal
5. Your microwave was the most high-tech device in your home
4. Big hair, big hair, BIG HAIR
3. Stamps cost 15 cents
2. Bad was good
1. The dinner table was used for family dinner — every night
I remember in late 1989 thinking about what 1990 would bring. For me it meant graduating from eighth grade (I know, my school was weird), going away to boarding school, turning 14, and hopefully going to a Milli Vanilli concert. And while I remember bits and pieces of the 1980s, I essentially grew up in the nineties, with Beverly Hills 90210 and the Taco Bell dog, not to mention the Zack Morris phone. But when I think back on that time before the year 1990 hit, I do recall all of those items on my above list, some rather fondly and others in massive disbelief that they aren’t still around (15 cent stamps, anyone?).